September 9, 2008

Page (iWork '08) Confusing...

Although I appreciate how simple iWork '08 is, I don't think it's as user friendly as Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, because of the first experience that I had when I began typing numbers. It began spewing out 1, 2, 3 when I made each sentence, and I had NO idea how to turn it off. I tried to look through the inspector pane and it only showed me the options of 1, 2, 3, i, ii, iii, ...

In the end I just used - instead of numbers to "confuse" Page and not make it go automatically. (Yes, I tried backspacing and deleting it. Backspacing just went to the line on top of it.)

What I don't like... Well, from what I heard, is that Microsoft Office 2008:Mac slows down your computer really much, and that is what I do not want it to do. I'll use Pages for now, or download a copy of OpenOffice online.

Also a news article that I found on Chrome about how it won't kill Windows? BusinessWeek.

-FyreVortex

No comments:

Post a Comment