September 11, 2008

Backing up, installing Windows, ...

First of all, I would like to encourage you to read the blog post below this post about how Windows XP is a virus... :|

I kinda like to update my posts now for what I'm doing (I started one yesterday.), so I'm going to do it for today, but not as precise... (I'm trying to install Windows today so I'm backing up... :D)

Also, quote of the day by me-A "modern day excuse" (Do not use it. If you do, anything that happens is not my fault. Do not blame me, or my blogs. Well, anything that happens that you read on my blog is not my fault. :|): "A virus ate my homework!" Well... Only on PCs... :D For now though... Viruses may come to Mac OS X soon.

I also do links to my friends' blogs when I mention them the first time in posts, for example, Latios below.

5:34-1/2 way into backing up my MacBook. Also introduced Tower Defense desktop to Latios.
6:05-Latios is idle on the messenger, finished backuping. Posted a comment on his blog, installing Windows now.
6:30-Hmm... Finished converting and now downloading my Boot Camp guide online. :|
6:44-Printing out my shortened boot camp guide. So far the text is not off the page. :)
6:55-I have started installing. I see a blue screen, configuring it right now.
7:04-Installing now. :|
7:20-63% of formatting the disk to NTFS right now. I suppose I'm using the normal formatting since it's quite slow, and not the quick formatting, which I do not want to happen. :|
7:36-Around 70%. Either time is going really slow, I'm not focused enough, or I'm not doing enough work. On to History!
7:38-Just heard my Mac reboot. How could 70% jump to 100% in two minutes? Something better NOT be wrong...
7:39-Windows XP booting up, looks very weird though. :| Might try minute by minute update or 5 minutes by 5 minutes update/s now.
7:40-It says it's going to take around 39 minutes. Man.
7:51-Installing now. 33 minutes now I think.
8:00-28 minutes left. How? There was this new window asking about some other settings so I had to click it for it to continue. Wow.
8:05-14 minutes left. I suppose there wouldn't be any more confirmation boxes to click, hmm?
8:08-Heard Mac reboot again. Going to check whats going on.
8:13-Adjusting resolution right now. Going through the tutorial right now. :) Good experience for me, hmm?
8:16-XP installed successfully. I'm off now. Going to get some new "Windows Experience". :D
8:26-Scratch that. Installing drivers using Leopard disk right now.
9:36-I'm off for the night. Everything ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment